Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bento #116

This is a new bento-- fried macaroni. I mean, I have never fried any macaroni before! You see, I have half the chicken left from bento #115 and I was thinking of ways to finish up the bird and I thought of the delicious fried macaroni in Cafe Cartel. Ok.. let's try doing it my way!

I pre-cooked the pasta the night before and that saved me a lot of time in the morning. In fact, I always try to prepare as much as I could at night, such as mincing the garlic, cutting the broccoli, putting the fruits I want to use in a small basket etc.

As usual, I fried the garlic first and then I threw in the chicken slices. Stir fry for a while and I dumped in the macaroni. On another stove, I blanched the broccoli. The seasoning I put was chicken stock concentrate, a little oyster sauce and black pepper. I diluted the chicken stock and oyster sauce in a bowl of water and poured over the frying pan. Then I added in the broccoli and tomato cubes, let it simmer for a while and then I turn up the fire to dry up the gravy.

I like to "fry" my udon in this way too because I can use less oil to get the food cooked while the food soaks up the seasoning. I used half a packet of macaroni and I can make 4 bentos!!! So 2 of my colleagues do not need to eat the yucky canteen food today. :D Clement and my friends said this bento was very delicious!! Happy!!!!! Success!!!!


I love the lunchbox I bought when I went to Universal Studio. It comes with the kids' meal in one of the burger restaurants. The size is just right. It packs my lunch perfectly. What a happy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment