Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bento #122

After I tried frying macaroni, I seem to have developed a liking for this pasta! You see, my mom used to cook macaroni for me when I was ill so I sort of link macaroni to something unpleasant.

I was in the library yesterday looking at the recipe books on the shelves. Then I saw a recipe on making mushroom cream sauce. I put back the book after I read the ingredients needed because no way I am going to buy a bottle of white wine and some other stuff just to cook the pasta sauce. Surely there must be an alternative for a lazy bum like me!

So, I fell back on my trusty campbell soup. I browned the garlic, pan fried the shiitake mushrooms and jalapeno threw in some sotong balls (I was lazy to buy chicken fillets), added a little oyster sauce and maggie chicken stock concentrate before I poured in the button mushroom, plus the mushroom and potato soup from Campbell. Then I poured a campbell soup can of water and let it simmer for a while while stirring constantly.

I used bento boxes which allow me to separate my improvised mushroom sauce and the macaroni so that they do not turn soggy even when eaten during lunch time.

Half a packet of macaroni, 6 sotong balls, 1 yellow jalapeno, 1 red jalapeno, 1 small can of button mushroom, 8-10 shiikate mushrooms feed 4 adults and 1 bird. Err.. yes, one of my colleagues, Jennifer, eats like a bird. All of them commented that the food was very tasty! Well, you can never go very wrong with campbell soup!







Love this heart shaped bento box I bought yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment